Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cross-Posted

After typing in this comment to Tony Barnhart's bit on the Football Writers Association of America thing today, it occurred to me that I should have just posted it on my blog.  So here it is:
As an Auburn grad, I have to say that I don’t want it. Not because the team wasn’t deserving–it certainly was–but because I’m not interested in preserving the myth of poll-generated “championships.” The collected opinions of a bunch of media employees, whether here or in the AP or Harris polls (don’t get me started on the SID–whoops, I mean “coaches poll”), aren’t worth a cup of warm spit to begin with, and they certainly don’t add up to a “championship.” I’d just as soon tell them where they can shove their fake championships, especially when they’re trying to make up for being idiots, six years too late.
And yes, I should have said, "having been idiots."  Sue me.

1 comment:

Chip said...

Solid. I agree 100%