Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rivals Redux

I'm very happy to announce that I'll be returning to the AuburnSports.com site at Rivals.com as an opinion columnist this season. We haven't worked out the frequency of the new columns yet, but there will be at the very least a new column the Monday after every game, and additional columns as situations merit (I'll also continue to blog about Auburn and the SEC here at FTB--this site isn't going anywhere).

One situation that merited comment is today's announcement of NCAA sanctions against Southern Cal, including the forfeiture vacating of all USC's games from the 2004 season the 2005 Orange Bowl. At the request of AuburnSports honcho Jeffrey Lee, I wrote up this column on the retroactive impact (if any) of those forfeits the vacation (insert Go-Go's joke here) on the 2004 Auburn Tigers.

Short version: I don't care.

UPDATE: Now that the actual sanctions report is out (as opposed to the early reports from ESPN, some of which turned out to be erroneous), I've corrected the column accordingly.

No comments: